- A bill allowing HST rebates for home heating;
- A bill to boost security at courts and nuclear plants;
- A bill requiring school boards to introduce concussion-prevention practices;
- A bill banning people under 18 from using tanning beds;
- A bill to amalgamate Ontario’s three power authorities;
- A bill allowing workers up to eight weeks unpaid leave to care for sick family members;
- A committee examining the role of cabinet ministers in the cancellation of two controversial power-plant projects in Liberal ridings during the last election campaign;
- Probes into into problems at Ornge air-ambulance service and eHealth Ontario;
- Plans to introduce legislation to freeze wages and change collective agreements of public servants and teachers;
- Requirements to put sprinklers in retirement homes;
- A task force looking into auto-insurance fraud;
- Dozens of bills dealing with issues such as: a new Constitution Day, a new Major-General Sir Isaac Brock Day, tax credits for farmers who donate food, protection for the Great Lakes, changes to cellphone bills, adoption of alternative insurance plans, electoral fraud and protecting elephants.
October 17, 2012
What has been put on hold by the prorogation of Ontario's Provincial Parliament?
Rebel Youth is looking for hitchhiking stories, and also experiences with the challenges faced by women, trans people, hitchhickers facing ...
The real abuse taking place in Cuba is the crippling and inhumane American blockade Rob Miller The Guardian, Thursday 26 November 2009 Yo...
J. Boyden Yesterday, January 18 th , was the 24 th anniversary of the death of Renato Guttuso. Renato Guttuso (1911-1987) was a com...
Jay Watts In 1995, a report issued as part of the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples called suicide “one of the most urgent problems ...
World Federation of Democratic Youth (WFDY) would like to express its deepest condolences and sympathy to all those affected by the mu...
This article is part of an seven-part series of short quotes Rebel Youth is issuing about class struggle, revolution, civil-war, and par...
A very important meeting for labour and social movements is taking place from August 21-24th in Ottawa. The People’s Social Forum (PS...
Rebel Youth presents an interview with University of British Columbia student activist Kelly Gerlings Interview by Rozhin Emadi RY:...
Ajit Singh A couple weeks ago, a Palestinian child was beheaded by the "moderate rebels" in Syria, created, funded, and backe...
Drew Garvie The Trudeau government has been elected at a time of economic crisis globally, where capital internationally is on the of...