«Comprenons-nous, nous ne sommes pas pour l’établissement d’un État policier, nous savons qu’il faut travailler avec la population et créer des liens. Mais il y a des groupes pour ça. Notre boulot, à la police, c’est la répression. Nous n’avons pas besoin d’un agent sociocommunautaire comme directeur, mais d’un général. Après tout, la police est un organisme paramilitaire, ne l’oublions pas.»
— Yves Francoeur, Président de la Fraternité de Policiers.
“You must understand us, we are not for the establishment of a police State, we know we must work with the population and create links. But there are groups doing this. Our job, as police officers, is repression. We do not need a social worker as a director, we need a general. After all, the police is a paramilitary organization, let’s not forget it.”
— The President of the Police Fraternity of Quebec, Yves Francoeur.
A message from your friendly neighborhood policeman
Rebel Youth Tuesday, April 24, 2012
What's hot this month
Rebel Youth is looking for hitchhiking stories. If you have a good hitchhiking tale, write us at Rebel Youth (at) ycl-ljc.ca Kieran Szuch...
Statement by the Young Communist League of Canada YCL-LJC CEC, May 2013 Over the past six months, the Harper Conservative government ...
COPYLEFT - REBEL YOUTH. Powered by Blogger.
About RY Magazine
Rebel Youth offers a weekly pan-Canadian Socialist perspectives on the youth and student movement across Canada and internationally. Produced by the Young Communist League of Canada, we publish in print edition three times a year. Our sister magazine in French is Jeunesse Militante Write us (Rebel Youth 290A Danforth Ave, Toroto ON., M4K 1N6) to get copy of either publication - $12 CND. for four issues. Read the media that fights back. Because there is no time like now to organize!
Donate to our magazine via our publisher, the Young Communist League of Canada
- ► 2013 (75)
- Toward a Social Strike: It’s a Student Strike, a P...
- The CLASSE resolution on violence
- Gov’t is asking for trouble by refusing to negotia...
- Students, labour and environmentalists unite for a...
- "The capitalists cannot live without us, but we ca...
- Liliany Obando is Free!
- Not Another Extension, Bring the Troops Home Now!
- Report from the CLASSE negotiating committee
- Would the capitalists call it the Loonie zone?
- Solidarity resolution for international and Canadi...
- Statement of solidarity from the World Federation ...
- Over the next day on the RY blog we will post the ...
- A message from your friendly neighborhood policema...
- Alberta communists challenge big oil regime
- Alberta election: Who are the Wildrose?
- PAME (Greece) -- Workers' counter-attack magazine
- ▼ Apr 22 (16)
- ► 2011 (254)
- ► 2010 (327)
- ► 2009 (251)
- ► 2008 (36)
- ► 2006 (31)