**PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**
For the past five days, thousands of people have converged in Toronto
to expose and challenge the deadly policies of the G8 and the G20. No
One Is Illegal, a grassroots anti-colonial migrant justice group
across Kanada with members primarily of racialized/immigrant
backgrounds, has been there! We have fought to create a world free of
the many fences and borders that divide us, and to create communities
that can live with justice and dignity.
On June 22nd, we joined our allies in the gender justice and queer
liberation movements in their fierce and creative actions grounded in
the daily lived experiences of women, queer, and trans folks to
overcome marginalization. On June 23rd, we gathered with environmental
justice activists who exposed institutions and corporations
responsible for the environmental and social impacts of Canada's
extractive industries at home and abroad. On June 24th, we stood
alongside Indigenous defenders who struggle across Turtle Island
against centuries of colonial and genocidal policies that have caused
impoverishment, forced assimilation of distinct cultures, and theft of
land and resources.
And on June 25th, we marched alongside community groups who organize
daily against the indignities and dehumanization of poverty,
discrimination, lack of inclusive services, wage-slave working
conditions, repressive immigration policies, gentrification,
environmental degradation, and police brutality. Joining struggles
against homelessness and displacement, we marched across the city of
Toronto and concluded by establishing a Tent City at Allen Gardens
Park (Carleton & Sherbourne) that will be running for the entire night
into Saturday morning. Please drop in at any time of the night to show
solidarity and support for this historic act of reclamation.
After wrapping up Tent City on June 26th, our ‘No Borders, No Fences’
contingent will rally at Queen’s Park at 1pm alongside anti war
activists demanding an end to Canadian complicity in imperialist
occupations from Afghanistan to Haiti. We will be marching with
working people to oppose patriarchy, racism privatization, cuts to
services, and exploitation of (im)migrant workers; to demand living
wages, workers control, and status for all; and to make clear that the
violence of capitalism cannot be reformed, but only abolished. We will
also rise alongside anti-capitalists and radical labour activists who
are committed to confronting the police state and the billion dollar
security apparatus that the G20 finance ministers and corporations
hide behind. Just as resistance against the border walls from
Palestine to Mexico cannot be contained, our love and rage for
liberation cannot be contained. We call on all our friends, allies and
supporters to march with us on Saturday to oppose the G20 and to let
them know that we are many, they are few.
See you on the streets!
Join Tent City in Toronto
**PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**
What's hot this month
Rebel Youth is looking for hitchhiking stories. If you have a good hitchhiking tale, write us at Rebel Youth (at) ycl-ljc.ca Kieran Szuch...
In Western Europe and America, parliament has become most odious to the revolutionary vanguard of the working class. That cannot be denie...
About RY Magazine
Rebel Youth offers a weekly pan-Canadian Socialist perspectives on the youth and student movement across Canada and internationally. Produced by the Young Communist League of Canada, we publish in print edition three times a year. Our sister magazine in French is Jeunesse Militante Write us (Rebel Youth 290A Danforth Ave, Toroto ON., M4K 1N6) to get copy of either publication - $12 CND. for four issues. Read the media that fights back. Because there is no time like now to organize!
Donate to our magazine via our publisher, the Young Communist League of Canada
- ► 2013 (76)
- ► 2012 (244)
- ► 2011 (254)
- The Knocks in the Night: beaten in beds - then dr...
- G8/G20: Fight for a Real Alternative to the new Ca...
- CWUSA STATEMENT ON COMMENTS BY MINISTER OF ARTS AN...
- YCLSA CONDEMNS COWARDLY BOMBING OF FORMER SWAYOCO ...
- TRIBUTE TO JEAN FERRAT
- STATEMENT OF THE YCL MPUMALANGA PROVINCIAL EXECUTI...
- Job offer
- This is why they call them the class enemy!
- BBC: Gaza blockade
- PRIDE TORONTO BACKS DOWN ON DECISION TO CENSOR GR...
- Novotel workers strike as G20 delegates arrive
- CANCEL THE CORPORATE TAX CUTS
- Youth Feeder March for G8-G20
- Pro-choice against G8-G20
- Canadians no longer see red over prospect of highe...
- Join Tent City in Toronto
- G8-G20 June 24—Report back
- Demonstrate in Toronto Against the G8-G20!
- Colour of Change Network on Toronto Pride
- G8/G20: Fight for a Real Alternative
- Combative Demonstrations All Over Greece
- Defend Public Education! Oppose Bill 20!
- RAISE THE RED FLAG OF RESISTANCE! FOR A YOUTH AND...
- New escalation in the capitalist offensive against...
- Defend Gaza Freedom Flotilla Survivors' Right to S...
- Polands Anti-Communist Law Turns History on It's H...
- Communist Party Denounces Israeli "Piracy and Murd...
- Anti-HST Drive to Pass Threshold
- Romanticising the Criminal: Profile of a Killer
- Canada: Tax Haven for Big Capital
- ▼ Jun 20 (30)
- ► 2009 (251)
- ► 2008 (36)
- ► 2006 (31)